Camp Boggy Creek is open year-round and utilizes nearly 1,800 volunteers per year to accomplish its mission to foster a spirit of joy by creating a free, safe and medically-sound camp environment that enriches the lives of children with serious illnesses and their families.
Volunteer Opportunities at Camp Boggy Creek:
Day or Ongoing Opportunities
Family Retreat Weekends
September – April
June – August
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- Sense of Humor
- Team Player
- Ready to play with KIDS!
In order to be considered for volunteer service you will be required to:
- Be 19 years old or older
- Participate in a telephone interview (20 minutes for weekend volunteers and 45 minutes for summer volunteers)
- Complete and submit the Online Volunteer Application
- Submit three non-family / non-friend references with email addresses
- All Volunteers must complete Digital Fingerprinting which is now required by Florida Law. (We will send you instructions, via email, for scheduling your appointment at a location nearest you after you have been placed to volunteer.) NOTE: At this time, we DO NOT accept fingerprinting through any other source!
- Complete online required medical history with a current TB test and immunizations. (Summer volunteers must also have a Medical Physical signed by a Medical Professional within a year of arrival.)
- Commit to entire length of scheduled volunteer session
- Attend a mandatory orientation session on your scheduled arrival day
- Day and Ongoing volunteers need only to submit the application, background check and participate in a brief interview.
Do you want to see what camp looks like?
Please click here to tour Camp Boggy Creek. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Interested in volunteering?
Please click here to fill out our online volunteer application
*Note: The medical volunteer application is not online yet. You must still download the paper application. Please see additional links.
If you need more information, please contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com or call 352-483-4200 ext. 4293 or toll-free at 866-462-6449 ext. 4293